Lead Estimator (Phoenix, AZ)
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Full Time, Direct Hire
Full Benefits for individual and family, Profit Sharing, Company Vehicle
$75,000-$120,000 Dependent on experience
Lead Estimators are responsible for the development of CSI Division and Uniformat estimates and all estimating forms and formats for both the conceptual estimate and final bid. Lead Estimator Must have experience bidding for self-performed work. A major component of this position will be the takeoff and analyzation of our self-work concrete estimates. They are responsible to the senior estimator for the development of pricing strategies and specific purchasing methodology for major projects. It is the responsibility of the lead estimator to develop a working relationship with subcontractor principals and estimating departments. Lead estimators support the development of all conceptual estimates for design-build and guaranteed maximum price projects, as well as help put together bids for DBB projects.
- A 4-year degree in civil or structural engineering, architecture or construction management, or 9 years of equivalent experience without a degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in estimating on large commercial construction projects.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must possess good communications skills and be detail oriented.
- Basic knowledge of UNIFORMAT and conceptual estimating process.
- Proficiency in computer skills and an awareness of software programs such as On-Screen Take-Off, Building Connected, SAGE and Assemble.
- Follow company standards and ethics.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry partners.
- Estimate key scopes on major projects.
- Lead estimates on smaller projects.
- Develop strategies to gain a bid advantage on their estimates.
- Identify risk and address during the procurement process.
- Ensure a complete scope has been captured during the estimating process.
- Able to survey and price all self-perform work items (e.g., concrete, rough carpentry, building specialties).
- Conduct estimate reviews on smaller projects for executive management.
- Communicate estimate scope and pricing to clients.
- Personnel training, development, and evaluation.
To see a list of more available jobs, please visit www.leadstaff.com/jobs/
About LEAD Technical
The LEAD Technical team aims to build trusting partnerships with companies seeking quality skilled workers in automation, construction, IT, and manufacturing industries. With high praise for exceptional customer service, leadership, and quality matching, LEAD Technical is ready to anticipate your business needs and find the perfect candidates to solve your workforce challenges.
LEAD is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
LEAD is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a growing national company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.