Safety Engineer (Yuma, AZ)
Yuma, AZ, USA
Full Time, Direct Hire
Full Benefits for individual and family, Profit Sharing, Company Vehicle
$65,000-$85,000 Dependent on experience
The Safety Engineer is a resource for supporting the safety manager and project team in the successful completion of a construction project. The safety engineer exercises judgment and discretion in making safety-related recommendations, implementing safety policies and procedures, and handling a wide variety of safety matters in the field and office. This position assists the project team in planning, monitoring work activities and correcting unsafe acts or conditions.
- A 4-year degree is preferred. Occupational Safety and Health degree suggested.
- Valid Driver’s License, required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer software – Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel based templates, Prolog, Primavera and AutoDesk Suite.
- Effectively communicate with various stakeholders including Hensel Phelps staff, craft and trade partners.
- Knowledgeable of the company safety and health program, owner requirements and applicable regulatory standards which may include EM 385-1-1.
- Assist the project superintendent in the completion, maintenance and management of the accident prevention plan, safety management tool and crisis management plan.
- Participate in the six-step quality control/safety process including reviewing the activity hazard analyses and participating in follow-up inspections.
- Conduct project safety audits including project point files.
- Assist with OSHA inspections, as necessary.
- Assist with accidents and near miss events including investigations, injury management and claim reporting.
- Assist in monitoring Hensel Phelps and trade partner safety performance.
- Attend awareness and competent person level courses.
- Learn the construction process and various roles and responsibilities of all positions.
To see a list of more available jobs, please visit www.leadstaff.com/jobs/
About LEAD Technical
The LEAD Technical team aims to build trusting partnerships with companies seeking quality skilled workers in automation, construction, IT, and manufacturing industries. With high praise for exceptional customer service, leadership, and quality matching, LEAD Technical is ready to anticipate your business needs and find the perfect candidates to solve your workforce challenges.
LEAD is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
LEAD is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a growing national company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.