Lead Staffing is hiring experienced Pipe Fitters for a major international defense contractor for work in the San Diego area.
- The pipefitters will be responsible for removing, repairing, targeting, laying out, fabricating and testing marine piping systems such as auxiliary salt water, fire main, potable water, hydraulic, compressed air, fuel, oil, engine exhaust in accordance with NAVSEA/Military standards and drawings.
- Run lines and leads required to accomplish work and accomplish drop test if using flammable or oxygen depleting gases.
- Repair and fabricate by using various shop equipment such as table saws, pipe threading machines, bending machines (power and hand), drill presses and brazing equipment.
- Must be able to pass a blueprint test and brazing test.
- Pipefitters must able to read and interpret marine blueprints, drawings and schematics.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of equipment and work processes used in marine pipe fabrication, repair, and targeting.
Location: San Diego, CA 92113