Electrician Technician (San Diego, CA 92113)
San Diego, CA 92113
The LEAD Staffing team aims to build trusting partnerships with candidate seeking long term opportunities with some of the largest international defense contractors. We work with some of the largest and respected companies and will leverage your work experience to match your skills with the right company.
$38.00- $42.00.00/hour depending on experience
Our client is hiring experienced electrician technicians with strong troubleshooting and repair experience onboard marine vessels. This position will be responsible for testing and repairing existing electrical systems to ensure they are operating correctly.
· Inspect, troubleshoot and repair existing electrical systems aboard navy and marine vessels.
· Perform all commissioning/testing functions for all electrical equipment to include but not limited to cold insulation, checks, megger checks, physical inspection, initial light off and testing, final operational testing.
· Test typical equipment including motors and controllers, generators, switchboards, power panels and load centers, machinery centralized control systems (MCCS), PLC’s, tank level indicators, motor operated valves, public address systems, fired detection systems, sound powered and dial telephone systems, galley equipment, HVAC controls, machinery controllers and more.
. Complete reports with testing results. Keep various records up to date including hours worked on various jobs throughout the day.
· Must have extensive experience trouble shooting and repairing electrical equipment onboard navy ships.
· Strong knowledge of electrical theory, marine wiring practices, cable/wire color codes and hook up is required.
· Must have skills in reading blueprints, schematic diagrams, drawings, etc.
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills
· Ability to work at heights, confined spaces and work any shift and overtime.
· Health insurance
· Paid holidays
· Paid sick leave
*The benefits listed above are subject to eligibility requirements*
To see a list of more available jobs, please visit www.leadstaff.com/jobs/
-About LEAD Staffing
-Lead Staffing, established in 2010, specializes in Construction, Industrial and Marine Staffing of Skilled Tradespeople throughout the United States of America. Our goal is to work with regional and national contractors that share our commitment towards safety and to provide long term rewarding work assignments for our valued employees.
LEAD is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
LEAD is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a growing national company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.