Salary: $65000.00 – $85000.00
VDC or BIM Engineer (Phoenix, AZ)
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Full Time, Direct Hire
Full Benefits for individual and family, Profit Sharing, Company Vehicle
$65,000-$85,000 Dependent on experience
The VDC or BIM Engineer manages the information that utilizes the building model. This position supports the regional VDC leadership and the VDC implementation efforts of single large projects or multiple smaller projects. works with on-site VDC engineers, BIM engineers and operations to implement and manage the project’s VDC execution plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or Engineering.
- Expertise with Autodesk programs – specifically AutoCAD and Revit.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding concepts of VDC or BIM.
- Exposure to and preliminary experience with some Building Information Model (BIM) systems (i.e., Autodesk Revit, Synchro, Navisworks, Sketchup and similar software suites).
- Excellent computer skills, including high level of proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Acrobat and Bluebeam.
- Strong personal management skills, dedication, organization, and open-mindedness.
- Creative thinker with ability to work in a close-knit environment.
- 3+ years in building or design industry.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of project VDC execution plans and strategies in conjunction with the project manager and VDC manager.
- Management of information dissemination and issues resolution in the model.
- Quality assurance oversight on model reliability, structure and content.
- Assist in archiving of models from preconstruction through post construction.
- Assist VDC manager in project implementation of new software, processes and technology.
- Assist in creation of VDC coordination schedule and drive implementation with project superintendent support.
- Assist in providing real world project alignment and validation between survey and 3D models and integration with primary control.
- Support the Estimating department’s use of provided models for quantity survey, visualization and other communication needs. Support procurement efforts through model development, proposal and interview representation.
- Participate in the Book of 14 reporting and all point review reporting.
- Participate with the QC managers in review of the project QC audits
To see a list of more available jobs, please visit www.leadstaff.com/jobs/
About LEAD Technical
The LEAD Technical team aims to build trusting partnerships with companies seeking quality skilled workers in automation, construction, IT, and manufacturing industries. With high praise for exceptional customer service, leadership, and quality matching, LEAD Technical is ready to anticipate your business needs and find the perfect candidates to solve your workforce challenges.
LEAD is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
LEAD is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a growing national company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.